Re: [MV] Issue on talk show

islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 13:16:03 -0500

>If you do, you might want to contact your local law enforcement and at least
>make them an offer to use it in a crisis. It's good PR at the very least,
>but
>it could save a life.

This is *exactly* what I am going to do. There was an article in
MilVehMag about a Weasel owned by a CO police department. During a
really bad blizzard they used it to transport 2 people to the hospital
that would otherwise have died. They also tried to get two women to the
hospital, but both gave birth IN the Weasel. After the crisis it was
used to haul cars and trucks out of the streets so the plows could get
through.

I live in the boonies and know that this sort of thing could happen here
as well. It certainly wouldn't hurt to let local law enforcement know
that if there is a need for something like this I am just a phone call
away.

Steve