Re: [MV] Generator Repair

Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:37:07 -0800 (PST)

> I have seen a wwII generator with a 4 cyl motor
> it was a 3 ph 3 kw that would start a 5-6 kw elc motor
> and run at like 900 rpm or 1200 rpm
>
> and it was runing a little faster than a idle
> it was way under rated
> and i seen 3 outlets one for each ph i take it so it had a 120
> to neut.
Ok!! Now I understand! If it runs at about 1800 RPM's it would need
more power, but it would last longer. That would be a great generator
to have.

The three outlets would be correct for three phase, to run lighting,
etc. The ones I have, and others I've seen, have big lugs and connect
to distribution panels or to commo shelters.

Joe F.