Re: [MV] Drive line vibrations in Willys MB?

Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 19:01:26 -0800 (PST)

Hey Brent,

Just for something stupid to try........... Check to see if maybe a
weight fell off from the shaft while it was being worked on, should be
on the tube near the end, spot welded on. Or maybe try taking the
shaft off and turning it 180 degrees and re-installing it, not
front-to-back but rotating it. Theoretically that shouldn't work, but
it might. I'm thinking it may be off balance for some reason.

---Richard Van Hoomissen wrote:

> Ive got the same problem on my 90 ford van. I bend the drive shaft out
> in the woods and I think that is the problem. One day I will get it
> straightened. R
>
> Brent McClearen wrote:
> >
> > List,
> >
> > My WWII Willys has a drumming noise and vibration in the
driveline, which
> > comes at about 2 second intervals at 40 MPH in third gear, 2 wheel
drive.
> > When I shift the transfer into 4 WD, it goes away. I have
aftermarket
> > lockouts on front, always locked in on the farm. I replaced all
king pin
> > brgs and races, new wheel brgs/races, and u-joints a while back.
Any

<mil-veh-request@skylee.com>.