Re: [MV] Purchase problem

Dave Cole (davidacole@juno.com)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:09:26 -0500

I wouldn't deal cash or travelers checks unless you think it would be a
great negotiating advantage. If your Credit Union is 8 miles from the
center, there is no reason why you couldn't give the dealer a couple
hundred in cash, ( that way he knows you are dead serious, get a
receipt,), then you go visit your friendly credit unit and get a
cashier's check made out to the dealer for the full amount and he signs
over the title. Another way to do it is via electronic funds transfer
but then you both really need to go to a bank together to make the
transaction (not necessary from a technical standpoint, but from a trust
standpoint)

Dave Cole