Re: [MV] M35 conversion to super singles?

mtowers@netxpress.com
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 20:34:02 -0600

Tom Bauer wrote:

> what special setup??? all you do is reverse the hubs, reverse the wheel
> studs, and put it back togeather!! as to bearing, and etc failure, the
> tire remains centered over the hub! how does the hub know or even care
> that there is only one tire not two???
> if anything there would be LESS loading on the bearings!!as for
> braking, the single radials must have more grip on a paved road than
> two NDT's, so it would be improved. i have a modified control valve at
> the booster on mine to reduce pedal pressure required by about half and
> it is still hard to lock up the brakes on dry roads.
> bottom line = better milage but the 'look' of the truck changes....
> tom m35a2
>
> ===
Hi GUys:
What is a "modified control valve at the booster"? Is this a desireable
brake mod? I have a M35A2C, and such a brake mod might be something I'm
interested in. Please let a duece "newbie" in on the inside info.

Thanks!
Mike T.