Re: [MV] S&S FMTV

Dave Cole (davidacole@juno.com)
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 22:03:42 -0500

Shane,

How can S&S explain the vibration problems that have apparently became
commonplace in a vehicle that was so highly tested?

Also, in a combat situation, would you be satisfied with not exceeding
the 30 mph speed limit just because of some design problems in a truck?
(Soldiers choice? come on) Remember that we have tanks that can run
more than twice that speed. These vibration problems should of been
caught through testing. Not by components failing in the field. I'm
sure that no one created this problem intentionally, but it should of
been caught before thousands of vehicles were put into service.

BTW, was the $5.00/mile saving calculated based upon all vehicles
traveling at 30 mph or less? And how much does it cost to retrofit a
truck to get rid of this problem? Was that factored into the $5.00/mile
savings? Come on, S&S screwed up. This should of never happened.

Dave Cole