Re: [MV] S&S FMTV

Mark C. Johnson (mcj115@psu.edu)
Thu, 08 Apr 1999 22:03:01 +0000

>And then Diamond Reo was bought out by White which was bought out by Volvo !
>Glenn

Sorry all I guess I should have elaborated on the Diamond Reo production.
They still are in business producing complete trucks. The factory is only
about 2 miles from my house. The factory is rather small as well as
production, they only make about 50 trucks a year mainly I see as dump
trucks. Also I heard that some of the trucks are made for export as well.
I was at the local dealership of Diamond Reo, M D Truck Sales, where I
found out those numbers. In the mid 80's they built a descent sized plant
in the area but the production was not enough to keep the large factory
open. Their one model truck I know is the Giant which I know has an
air-cooled diesel, Deutz V8 I think. But Diamond Reo is their own company
still producing trucks today.

Mark Johnson
Harrisburg Pa