Re: [MV] Petrol and Diesel Storage capabilities

Dave Cole (davidacole@juno.com)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 07:53:14 -0500

I've stored gas successfully for up to about 1 year with no additives.
Somewhere after a year, the stuff starts to break down, turn dark and
smell bad.

Stabil says that their stuff can extend shelf life up to 14 months, I'd
guess you could go up to about 2 years in a closed container with Stabil
added.

Diesel is a whole different story. I have some in a closed can that has
been sitting for 4+ years and it still looks and smells exactly the same
as new. I don't know what the real shelf life of diesel is but I think
its a lot longer than gas.

Dave Cole