Re: [MV] Normandy schedule

Antoine Compin (acompin@earthlink.net)
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 19:50:47 -0700

In answer to Doug's message:
As a Franco-American list member, I have asked my French friends to send me
info on the June 99 festivities in Normandy. I expect the answers to be
essentially slanted towards the various French groups. There will be as
usual a
strong contingent of Brits, Italians and Dutch. I suggest that you find about
these groups via Internet or Militaria-type publications: most of them are
affiliated members of the MVPA...
The swap meet at the Carpiquet airfield is always very popular and held
usually
2 or 3 days after the 6th...That swap meet is by and large "fed" by
professional dealers or weel-heeled collectors. Bear in mind that there are
always MANY informal swap meets at various camping sites, since many of us
take
our "stuff along to swap, but prefer to have fun and ride during the day, and
peddle our wares at the door of our tents at the end of the day or early
morning...
AND, for those interested in "borrowing" my Willys MB, I am waiting the "Jeep
doctor" assessment of the needed check-up and repairs (minor I hope) before I
can trust the beast to anyone. Regardless, I will require a "hold harmless"
agreement, a valid international driver's license and some form of
guarantee or
deposit before I can release it to anyone whom I don't know...
Regards
Antoine

1943 Willys MB (S/N 209359 Feb '43)
194? Willys MBT