Re: [MV] S&S FMTV

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 20:46:18 -0500

>I must disagree to some extent with your #2 answer. This may hold true for
>today's vehicles but, not long ago....

I agree with your reply (which I did not repeat) but I was addressing some
peoples complaints about the cost of the FMTV This vehicle was designed in
recent history and is being built today. You cannot compare mass produced
civilian trucks to specialty mil-spec ones. Not that I think that all this
mil-spec stuff is necessary (which some is not) but that's the way the DOD
does things.

je