Re: [MV] Normandy 1999 - Events

Antoine Compin (acompin@earthlink.net)
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:36:12 -0700

I can answer yes to both...It's confirming symptoms I experienced myself
when I
started it last January while in Normandy.Un fortunately I was just
whizzing by
to see the family for 3 days, and had no time to get it fixed... No fouling of
the sparks, sparks everywhere, choke pushed back after warm-up..Idle is fine,
things deteriorate as you speed up..and the valve noise...hmmmm...
However, I am not sure about compression, though this engine had been totally
rebuilt less than 5,000 miles ago...even though that was several years ago!
Maybe valve springs or piston rings seized for having stayed stored so long,
and broke when I started the engine again??? who knows
Antoine