Re: [MV] Sage advice? DRMO truck auctions

Dave Cole (davidacole@juno.com)
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:19:18 -0500

I don't know how much flexibility you have in regards to time, however
from my experience buying vehicles, you can't beat moving the truck via
some means other than the truck itself. A lot can happen in 900 miles
and you could get stuck in the middle of nowhere fairly easily. Then you
get to face ridiculous towing charges just to get it to a place where you
can work on it. A 1 ton truck with a decent sized gooseneck trailer is a
good 2 1/2 ton mover. I moved my 5 ton with a 1 Ton Chevy dually and a
very large gooseneck trailer. But I certainly wouldn't want to do that
in any kind of mountainous terrain. You also need to remember that if
you can maintain 45 mph on the average in a 2 1/2 tonner, you'd be doing
really well. That is a bunch of time to cover 900 miles.

Dave Cole