Re: [MV] oil looks white

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Sun, 2 May 1999 21:24:56 -0500

> The oil on my LD465 looks white when i take my oil fill cap off the
>oil level does not show over the fill mark and the water is not low does
>anyone know what this could be

My fork truck does this. It gets very little use and it seldom ever gets
used enough to get the oil hot. It is (in my case anyway) water that has
emulsified with the oil. I'm told that running the engine for a long period
of time will boil the water out of it. Never tryed it, we just change it
once a year. Does not seem to harm anything.

je