Re: [MV] M37 carb problem, build it or buy it built

paul vandervort (pgv@imaxx.net)
Mon, 03 May 1999 23:22:18 -0700

Brent

Ive rebuilt quite a few carbs. The biggest issue is haveing an exploded
view of the carb. Most of the current production carb kits have an exploded view
of the carb, though generic, its close enough. The next issue is the carb
dipping solution. Currently you can buy GumOut brand enviromentally safe carb
dip, which does work fairly well. It comes in a 1 gal can so Im not sure if you
could get an M37 carb, disassembled, in it. I have one of the older Solder-Seal
2 gal cans w/the basket, with older fluid that will soon need replacing. If you
can find a currently repro'd carb kit use that. DO NOT use a "NOS" carb kit as
all those "nice additives" that are in the fuels today will eat up the older
rubber parts(take it from experience). I just did my M38 & 38A1 carbs using
"Napco" brand kits (Mil surplus dealers have that brand, but havent been able to
find anyone else). If you buy a carb already rebuilt, or do it yourself, it will
still need to be adjusted for idle, idle mixture, & choke adjustments. If you
did those other carbs, you should be able to do an M37, for alot less than
$100.00. Maybe some of the listers could supply an exploded view if needed.

Just my 2Cents worth