RE: [MV] '43 GPW Brake problem

OConnor, Dennis (DOconnor@SIKORSKY.COM)
Wed, 5 May 1999 12:51:44 -0400

> THe manual indicates that I'll need a need to
>remove the driving flange with a puller...which I do not have.

You probably won't need a puller. The flanges unbolt and slide off pretty
easy most times. The whole hub/drum etc can be tackled with common tools.
Heck, we put two 12 year olds (my son and his buddy) on the job of
retrieving the drive flanges and bolts off an old GPW axle last week (busy
work to help Grandpa) and they had them off in about 10-15 minutes using
only a box end wrench. You should be just fine.

Good Luck,
Dennis O'Connor