Re: Off the Dime (was:Re: RE [MV] Reality Check)

Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Thu, 06 May 1999 09:26:58 +0200

At 17.32 05/05/99 -0700, Bill wrote:

>Hello all!
>
>Due to popular demand (with apologies to the list >master), I shall post
the>letter I mentioned...

...(snip)...

>Bill

May 6 1999

Hi Bill and List from Italy!

I agree completely with your letter. However, I am from Italy and this is
not my problem (we have many problems "bigger" than yours: for example, do
you know that all guns are to be registered with the Police?
Even...bayonets! Also knives, yes! knives! To register a bayonet or a gun
we have to use Official Government Paper which costs $ 13.00!!!).

Well, back to M.V.: I suggest to use "Historical Military Vehicles" and
NOT "Military Vehicles" or "Military Equipment": the general public and
the Government Agencies will be forced to distinguish a WWII Jeep or Dodge
WC of half a century ago from a MBT of today or Military Equipment in
general... They are not the same thing: Military Equipment may be
missiles or radar controlled AA guns!

Just my O:OO2 EURO contribution!

Keep Them Rolling!

Raimondo - M.V.P.A.