Re: [MV] Age of MV/Age of owner

NIGEL HAY (Nigelhay@tanksrus.freeserve.co.uk)
Thu, 6 May 1999 08:56:47 +0100

Whatever your age, we hope you will make it to the War and Peace Show at
Beltring SE England.July 23rd-25th

here is an excert from a recent press release..

At the risk of becoming predictable, check out the shows website...
http://freespace.virgin.net/john.blackman4/imps.htmlWar and Peace Show
Prepares For Battle

The 1998 War and Peace Show -the Worlds biggest extravaganza of Military
Vehicles, Militaria and Military Modelling was an outstanding success .

Site owner of The Beltring Hop Farm and Country Park, well established as
one of Kent's major tourist attractions, Brent Pollard was delighted with
the friendly invasion of green machines and confirmed the dates of the Giant
5 day military vehicle extravaganza for the Millenium during July
19th-23rd 2000.

Show organiser, Rex Cadman says
"Every year we try to give both the public and our visitors added value and
most important more fun. We are well in to the planning of our 1999, show
which will for the first time incorporate Battle re-enactments by Europes
leading living history groups, many of whom took part as extras in the Oscar
winning D-Day epic "Saving Private Ryan". We will also be running many of
the vehicles that survived the dramatic filming..."
With all the authentic vehicles and equipment being on site, it seems to be
a wonderful opportunity to stage a re-enactment on this scale. As well as
entertainment for our visitors, there will be some marvellous photo
opportunities. These events will be an important part of the weekend's
itinerary and we are currently planning how to stage the biggest ever tank
"battle",with around 20 World War 2 tanks plus several hundred troops, both
Allied and Axis taking part. It will be noisy, realistic and visually
exciting and most of all-pure entertainment."

In the last 15 years the event has grown from a gathering of less than 100
vehicles to its current level of 2,200 participating vehicles and 25,000
public attendance in 1998 now attracts enthusiasts from all over the world.
It has become the focal point for any one interested in military vehicles,
both full size and scale models. The very best of Europe's military
modellers display their work alongside the real thing. There are over a
quarter of a million square feet of trade stands selling everything from
spare engine parts for a Chieftain tank to military cap badges.

For all enquires about The War and Peace Show please contact Rex Cadman
01304 813128
Fax 01304 812422 Beltring99@hotmail.com

Good news! very shortly we will be moving the site to WWW.warandpeace.uk.com
(slightly easier to remember!)