Re: [MV] MVs as classic cars

Mick O'Farrell (mick@trinity-design.ie)
Wed, 12 May 1999 11:49:47 +0100

>When the nearest MV club is 5 hours driving
>distance away from you and you need to be in a club to get the club
>"plates" (historic/vintage/veteran road registration at much cheaper
>rate) then the "vintage movement" is the logical (only) choice.

This all makes perfect sense, but the "classic car people" aren't always as
friendly or accomodating as you'd expect.

In the Republic of Ireland, there's essentially ONE club for classic cars
and NO clubs for HMVs.
The classic club (rudely) rejected my '43GPW as a "commercial vehicle" and
so, for insurance reasons, I had to join an MV club in another country
altogether!
(I joined the Military Vehicle Trust in the UK - very friendly and very
welcoming.)

Cheers from lonely Ireland...

Mick