Re: [MV] 1944 Ford Convertible!

Tim Bell (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 12 May 1999 13:22:42 +0100

My Bedford MW V is listed in the UK as a "Motor Caravan" and an "Historic
Vehicle"... and try as I did, couldnt get the Govt to change the listing
from "Motor Caravan" to "Military Wireless Truck".... perhaps that'll be
just as well in the long term... most of these American policies hit England
after about five years.

So time to register your vehicles as follows:

Jeeps...... Convertible Classics
15 Cwts.... Historic Motor Caravans
30 Cwts.....

----- Original Message -----
From: Raimondo L. Torelli <thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it>
To: GIjeepsWW2@aol.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Sent: 12 May 1999 08:11
Subject: Re: [MV] 1944 Ford Convertible!

At 01.07 12/05/99 EDT, GIJeeps wrote:

>Just for fun I like to enter the GPW as a "1944 Ford Convertible."

May 12 1999

Hi from Italy!

I like it! Your jeep is a classic "Historic Military Vehicle"!

If you go to http://www.eaglequest.com/~pwrwgn/mp.jpg you will see a MV:
however, it is a 1952 Chevy (correct me if I am wrong!) in a Military
Police livery. Will you call it "Fighting Equipment"? I think NOT, but
the Feds will call it "Fighting Equipment"...

I insist: "Historic Military Vehicle" is the right denomination.
Here in Italy a car is a classic car after 20 years, after 28 years is
Antique: However, there is a list of ex-military Italian vehicles which
are by the law considered "Antique Vehicles"...

Keep Them Rolling!

Raimondo - M.V.P.A.