Re: [MV] Re: DUKW Sinking Update.

T. Hintopoulos (hint@northnet.org)
Thu, 13 May 1999 13:30:58

>it looks like the operater was a 25-35 year old female
>i'm not sexst butt I wonder if she under standed the operating parts
>i hope the female HMV onwers dont fry me for adding this part

I believe that the gender issue is dead in this case.

How many of us have seen others jump into a vehicle and zoomed past
a STOP sign, Opps...No Brakes!

Have also seen a DUKW belonging to a "fire service" go into the
water, 50 feet out the pumps kicked in, driver yelling back to me
WHAT THE HE...!!! And my yelling back, YOU DIDN'T PRECHECK YOU ID..!!!
There were lots of MALES there. And sometimes you can't tell some people
anything.

The pre-check was simply not done. (Oh? Whats That!)

I know that my other 1/2 would be more than happy to discuss
the issue with you.

She would also "Bobbit" me if I ever sold our DUKW.

A reminder to all of us to really watch it!
We don't use our DUKWs as often.

Take Care.
Ted H.