Re: [MV] auto insurance for Normandy...

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 13 May 1999 22:20:20 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Compin <acompin@earthlink.net>
To: "Mil-Veh" <mil-veh@skylee.com>; Lida L. Bensinger
<mitymite@juno.com>
Date: 13 May 1999 18:20
Subject: Re: [MV] auto insurance for Normandy...

> Those big Mil-Vehs
>concentrations require Prefectoral event permits and the local
>authorities in Normandy require an hefty insurance coverage
>which is typically provided by the clubs and recouped from the
>membership event fees. Whoever wants to participate should think
>about that, or risk being denied inclusion into the convoys...

We are required to pay the appropriate National organisation (The MVT
want £15 or $25) for a convoy pack and _pass_ to the big events, Bayeaux
certainly. Whilst some convoys just happen, don't be surprised if the
police deny you access to some of the larger towns without a pass and
prior arrangements.

Richard
(Southampton UK)