Re: [MV] ATM's & Credit cards in France

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 14 May 1999 07:35:07 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Compin <acompin@earthlink.net>
To: mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: 14 May 1999 03:08
Subject: Re: [MV] ATM's & Credit cards in France

>However I must say that I NEVER had any of my american
>bank-issued Credit cards (VISA, MC) refused in France ANYWHERE.

Yup, me too but it does happen.

>The French are not used to
>plastic transactions for amounts less than, say, a couple of 100
>francs...

Which is about $35 and when the retailer actually finds the dusty and
unused handraulic impression machine don't expect to be given the
carbons - this is a very American tradition !

>So, heed Richard's advice, bring cash, and change to FF at the
>airport, there are a lot more fun things to do in Bayeux than
>wait in line at the Bank.

That there is, Antoine is right on the button.

C U all there, either a _brown_ F15 mounting a 20mm Polsten cannon, or
an immaculate, as new (it is) Morris-Commercial PU 8/2, neither of
which regretfully are mine.

Richard
(Southampton UK)