Re: [MV] ATM's & Credit cards in France

Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Fri, 14 May 1999 10:16:29 +0200

At 07.35 14/05/99 +0100, Richard wrote:

>>The French are not used to
>>plastic transactions for amounts less than, say, a couple of 100>>francs...
>>
>Which is about $35 and when the retailer actually finds the dusty and
>unused handraulic impression machine don't expect to be <given the>carbons
- this is a very American tradition !

Hi from Italy!
It is an Italian tradition, too: we always get a copy!

Of course in very small restaurants (we call them "trattorie") credit cards
are not accepted. However, you know it in advance because there are
signs/decals on the glass doors/entrance showing the logos of the "plastic
money" they accept. No signs/logos, no credit cards...

>>So, heed Richard's advice, bring cash, and change to FF at the
>>airport, there are a lot more fun things to do in Bayeux than
>>wait in line at the Bank.
>>
>Richard
>(Southampton UK)

AIRPORT Exchange Office: when we were at the N.Y. airport waiting for the
flight to St.Louis/San Antonio, TX (to the Texian members of this List:
Remember The Alamo!), we found an EXCHANGE OFFICE and we were shocked at
the exchange rate of the dollar versus the Italian lira! Lucky enough I
obtained dollars here in Naples, before leaving... I suppose it will be
the same for the F.F. Perhaps, it would be better to get French money
before going to the Airport... Just my O.OOO2 Euro contribution.

Regards and
Keep Them Rolling!

Raimondo - M.V.P.A.