Re: [MV] Tractor hunting

Shane G Deemer (1sgd6508@unixstew.tstc.edu)
Sat, 22 May 1999 21:28:55 -0500

Sure do. Those would be M915A4s.

"$122.8M contract, awarded on 29 April 1998, for
approximately 2,000 M915A4 truck glider kits
and trucks during the period from 1998 to 2003.
Freightliner military glider kits will upgrade
approximately 2,000 aging AM General M915
military tractors currently in service with Active
Duty, Reserve, and National Guard Army units.
Freightliner's Portland Truck Manufacturing Plant
will produce the kits, providing a new cab and
frame with a new front axle, brakes, fuel tank,
electrical wiring, and transmission. The old M915
engines and rear axle assemblies will be
salvaged by the Army and reused in the building
the M915A4 tractors from the glider kits."

--
-Shane

****************************** Military Rails Online http://unixstew.tstc.edu/~1sgd6508 ******************************