Re: [MV] CCKW vs. M-135/M-211

T. Bones Morris (mrbones@seabees.org)
Sat, 29 May 1999 13:30:29 -0500

I, too, think this a wise move...

I have eight years of active duty experience in the Seabees, driving
lots of
deuces, and five tons, among a plethora of others, and have personally
been
in water deep enough that it was just below, or coming in the bottom of
the
cab doors...without a fording kit!

This includes rescue operations in Puerto Rico after a hurricane; we
were
the only things moving on the roads. With a fording kit, I would imagine
that you could get yourself, lots of belongings, and many neighbors, as
well, to dry land!

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Bones