Re: [MV] The vehicle that the Humvee replaced

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 09:11:22 -0500

>You are correct in that the hummer replaced the M151 1/4 ton series utility
>trucks in the eighties. However, I believe they also took care of the 3/4 ton
>series CUCV utility trucks and the 1 1/4 ton pickups. They took care of three
>birds with one stone. Anybody else care to elaborate? I am not positive about
>the CUCV but the hummer I thought took the job of three vehicles.

I remember the press (not that they were correct or know anything) reporting
that it replaced the Mutt (Jeep), the Mule, and ...... I think as you said
the 1-1/4 and/or 3/4 ton class. I remember thinking at the time how silly
it was to say the the hmmv would be replacing the Mule, it kind thought that
the mules were alreay almost out the picture anyway.

je