Re: [MV] M35 2 1/2 ton brakes

Todd and Audrey Hall (athall@wavecom.net)
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 21:05:17 -0600

> keep in mind that there are two master cylinders that can cause that
>problem.

first master cylinder was rebuilt there is no or very little bleed by

i assume that if you
>release the pedal you will again have brakes until the pedal goes down.

No the fluid is either going into the air lines, tanks or into the air cylinder
of the air/hydrolic master cylinder

>if not you have other problems.
>if the cyl is just bypassing internally you should not have to bleed
>them to restore braking.
> with no air pressure try the brakes, the pedal may go down at a
>certain rate, get a feel for this.

without air the break pedal is firm very little bleed down

now with air, try the brakes. does it
>feel the same ?? or is it worse ??

Both primary and air master cylinders have reciently been rebuilt.
Unfortunately the air had been worked on before I bought the truck
and than the truck set for 20 years before I found it.
The brakes were operating the same before the master cylinders
were rebuilt. My guess is whoever worked on the breaks before
now over 20 year ago put one or more of the sealing cups in the
air/hydrolic cylinder in backward. On rebuild they were replaced
with new the same as they came out. I would like an idea of which
one if possible before I do it be trile and error

the problem is in the
>secondary master cyl.

parts have been replaced with new.

>tom m35a2