Re: [MV] trailering light armour?

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 22:37:00 -0500

>I'm considering building or buying a proper rig to tow around my Ferret Mk
>2/3. The actual vehicle weight is a bit over 7500 lbs. I would never be
>going more than 100-150 miles at most and pretty flat country.
>
>Right now I have a 3/4 ton, 350 Chevy P/U, turbo 400 with the tow package. I
>know of several 6 wheel car type trailers for sale cheap (farm country.. lots
>of stuff around). Do you think this truck is stout enough to tow the Ferret
>or should I be looking for something else?
>
>What would you all recommend? An economical price would be under $10,000
>with emphasis on the under part.

A friend of mine regularly hauls around his #17,000 bulldozer behind his 1
ton dually pickup after having put 2 yards of gravel in the dump box. Top
speed is like 45, and I won't mention the gas milage! Seems to me my 3/4
ton suburban had a towed load rating of #10,000. Sounds to me like you
should be ok.

je