Re: [MV] Postal Jeeps

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 23:02:10 -0500

>.... From what I understand, they
>can be made LHD from a RHD with existing parts on board. The steering link
>can be turned upside down and all parts retrofit to make it a LHD. They
>must have at least 50 or 60 jeeps and all are LHD, so there must be
>something to this.

Maybe the LHD version is convertible to RHD but it doesn't look to me that
the reverse is true. A friend of mine has a RHD body which which someone
did a real hatchet job of putting onto a CJ5 (LHD) chassis. The dash is all
wrong for getting the steering column out at a decent angle, among other
things. Not that is couldn't be done nicely by someone with more than an
axe in thier tool box. Still, it is quite practical for his application
which is getting supplies to a remote cabin (frequently in the rain!)

je