Re: [MV] Military Media "Jeeps!" CD-ROM

F. Brian Mead (jeepsoup@mindspring.com)
Wed, 07 Jul 1999 22:35:51 -0400

Howdy List,
I just got the CD yesterday in the mail. It's actually TWO CDs of Jeep
stuff for the price of $19.95! The CDs are very easy to use, it even comes
with the Adobe Acrobat Reader on the CD. (Although there is a newer
version of the Acrobat Reader available for free from www.adobe.com)
There is an acrobat menu of all the manuals on each disk. By selecting
the manual of your choice, it loads that manual. Then, they have a table
of contents in each manual to navagate thru it by clicking on the various
chapters to view that chapter. The photos/illustrations are in just black
& white with no greyscale & lower resolution than the manual reprint I
have, so they aren't quite as clear, but heck for the money, it can't be
beat. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of printing during my lunch hour at
work. >=^)
It's also neat to see the progression of the jeeps via their manuals. You
can really appreciate the differences.

Brian Mead
1944 MB
1944 MB