Re: [MV] HMMWV Auction- Fraud or Real?

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 20:42:23 -0500

>If the DOT thinks these vehicles are not safe to use on US highways, then
>the Military should not be able to use them on US highways.

Don't you get it???? it has nothing to do with safety. There are many
forces out there that simply do not want stuff like this available to the
public, be it the vehicle manufacturers who want to sell you new ones or the
people with political problems with anything military, etc...

I asked the DOT/NHTSA to justify thier decision (almost 20 years ago) to
also destroy the M151-A2's being that the suspension was completely
different than the earlier 2 versions. They would not, ever, address that
issue. Technical details where not allowed in any discussion with these people.

je