Re: [MV] Auto-railer stuff

Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:25:59 -0500

At 13:57 26/07/99 +0200, Raimondo L. Torelli wrote:
>I do not have any picture of (sorry!) Dodge WC on rails. I have never
>found one in my books, publications, etc. =20

I remember, when I was in Rennes (France) in the early seventies, the local
"Etablissement du Mat=E9riel" of the French Army used there a very tired
Dodge (WC51 or 52 ?) to shunt waggons arount their private sidings; it had
been fitted with rail-wheels, and a buffer-beam, with wooden dumb-buffers
and screw coupling, at the front end, but usually worked simply by pushing
the waggons without bothering to couple-up.

Sorry, no pictures either.

Cheers,

Ron the Frog, in Darkest Paraguay.

List-owner of the WWIIVW list