Re: [MV] HMMWV Dealers only and no license/GSA/Govt. involvement?

Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 01:20:13 -0400

" I know us normal people on the list are not as smart as you are Julian
>but you don't need to call us a bunch of idiots. Just because we get a
>bit confused doesn't mean we are stupid. If you have some knowledge to
>dispense to us mere mortals then stick to the facts, just keep the name
>calling out of it."

I am not calling everyone who reads this posting "an idiot". If I've
offended anyone by calling the rumors "idiot", then I'll use a better choice
of words next time. This is a first time for this type of sale, it WILL set
presidence for disposal of the family of M998 vehicles no longer needed by
the Gov't. We've waited years for this, so let's encourage this type of
sale and show the Gov't we are responsible instead of posting ideas of how
to get around restricted 97's. (That is idiot! And a person who tries to
tell you how to get around a restricted 97 on this forum is not an idiot, he
is a MORON!) It has always amazed me how one posting turns into all kinds
of rumors, of what they've heard or what some try to say when it is obvious
of what is happening when you click on that web page. I stay very close to
AMG and other Gov't organizations to find out what is going on. Sometimes I
can't remain silient because it is like a child's game where 40 or so
students are arranged in a circle and told to repeat a fact to the next
person. After it reaches the end, it has nothing to do with the original
thought that was first stated. Like the 97's that are thought to be with
these Hummers-Bill Scurry with Boomershine has none. All he has is a list
of the inventory. Someone said that there are 97's dated 1987 and 1993.
Not so, what Bill meant was that there are 1984 to 1992 models in the
inventory. I do not claim to be smarter than other people. I like to post
info on subjects that I have personal knowledge of or have talked to
officials about the subjects thereof. This Hummer situation has gotten out
of hand from they don't believe it's happening to how to title it and get
around Gov't restrictions. Someone has to take a stand with regards to
reality. I want these Hummers to get out without people trying to count
their chicks before they're hatched. From what I've seen so far, it would'nt
take much for GSA to cancel the auction and destroy these vehicles. No one
could want private ownership of military vehicles more than myself so let's
see what happens. Keep'em rolling! Sincerely, Julian Burke