Re: [MV] MV Timeline

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 07:07:29 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Root <root99@earthlink.net>
To: DDoyle9570@aol.com <DDoyle9570@aol.com>
Cc: mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: 24 July 1999 06:12
Subject: Re: [MV] MV Timeline

>DDoyle9570@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> Anybody out there know where I can find online a popular culture"timeline" of
>> the later half of the 20th century? I'd like to put them into
>> historical perspective.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David Doyle
>
>Hi Dave:
>
>Look for a book called "Chronicle of the Twentieth Century", published
>by Chronicle Publications, distributed by Prentis Hall Trade, ISBN
>0-13-133703-3. It's about 1300+ pages, and covers the century' news and
>events by month and year from 1900 to 1987. Also has sports and
>entertainment news. I bought my copy on a sale table.

It is indeed a huge book, however mine stops at Dec 1988 so hardly a complete
overview of the 20th Century, some momentous events are missing therefore; later
editions and updates are apparently available. There is a companion volume in a
similar format: "Chronicle of the Second War" ISBN 0-582-07573-4 from the same
publisher that is a useful reference too.

Richard
(Southampton UK)