Re: [MV] The Beltring Gulag........worth the suffering.....

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 21:47:24 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: NIGEL HAY <Nigelhay@tanksrus.freeserve.co.uk>
To: mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>; a.mehlhorn@t-online.de
<a.mehlhorn@t-online.de>; Muttguru@aol.com <Muttguru@aol.com>
Cc: Rex and Jayne <Jayne@theoldrectory.freeserve.co.uk>; Eric Bell
<vikingpr@globalnet.co.uk>; anthony lawrence <106065.3134@compuserve.com>;
Andrew Partridge <andrew.partridge@virgin.net>; Chris Grebby
<chris@grebby.demon.co.uk>; Mr Cuff <tankcity@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: 27 July 1999 07:29
Subject: Re: [MV] The Beltring Gulag........worth the suffering..... Possibly.
. . . . . . .

>Despite the unbelievable heat and the strain of the water supply, it was the
>greatest show ever.

Thats as may be Nige but the facilities or lack of them and the cavalier
servicing of them adds up to a rip-off of what the IMPS organisers pay for, is
the sole lasting memory in the public mind and totally unnecessary. Not only do
the public pay a pretty hefty price for the entrance but the non-IMPS MV owners
do too, its the only one I know of where the exhibitors pay for the privilege
and without them what show do we have ?

The (in)famous Beltring dust played its part too, a domestic watering can rose
gaffa taped to the tractor towed bowser succeeded in mirth only.

Even the hardened MV show goer was wingeing and I spoke to a lot.

>If anyone has comments to direct to the organisers please e mail them to
>Rex@warandpeace.uk.com
>web site www.warandpeace.uk.com

I will on behalf of our entourage as we feel everybody including IMPS are being
taken for a ride and there is the worry that Beltring could turn and bite
through official channels as the size of the event is patently incommensurate
with the level of essential facilities provided.

Having said that hands up all listees who have had a drive round in a Sd.Kfz 9
or feasted their eyes on an as near perfect Canadian Mk III* Lynx I Scout Car.

Richard
(Southampton UK)