Re: [MV] Hummers

Andy Michalski (amichalski@earthlink.net)
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:29:29 -0500

Julian Burke wrote:

> "I probably can get a
> hold of a dealer tax # from my home state so that I can see just what
> these sell for."
>
> Buying as a dealer is not merely borrowing a tax number, you have a dealers'
> ID card with your name on it which also shows that you are "bonded" and
> carry the liability insurance and have the property to do this business.

Alas, you may be right in your state or at this particular auction,
however, I just needed this number to buy cars at "dealer only" auctions
where I was at. Weather this dealer's number (not mine, but used with
consent) was already registered with the auction house or not, I dont
know, all they wanted was the number on the bidder registration
paperwork and I was in to do any bidding I wanted. THis may vary as to
what company is conducting the auction/state laws/etc. It may not be
true nowadays either, but thats how I was doing it around 8 years ago.
However, I might have just imagined that I was doing this too as Julian
is fond of telling me :) No matter, I wont be able to make this event
as it is the week after I am in Atlanta.

Andy