Re: [MV] Chinese Military Motorcycles

Antoine Compin (acompin@earthlink.net)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:59:55 -0700

Thnaks for the pics... I cannot consider becoming a dealer, but
I am interested in finding out more about the parts situation,
sizes, look, etc... If this machine is indeed very close to the
M71 and Harley 42XA, it is also probably very close to the
Russian-made M12 (or is it M72?) which - I was told by Josef
Benes, 42XA collector and Harley dealer in Prague - has some
internal engine components identical to the XA's: Josef has
Russian-made connecting rods in his 42XA!
>From the look of the M1M pictures, it seems that the cylinder
heads are identical to XA's, at least in design if not in exact
size. But the engine displacement being the same, it's worth
checking...
There are a number of us out there restoring this rare 1942
Harley model (1,000 only ever made) and an alterhative source of
parts would be most welcome.
Is there a way to get a spare parts catalogue?

Antoine Compin
(818) 906-0576 FAX

1943 Willys MB & '44 MBT
1942 Harley WLA