Re: FW: [MV] Four Wheel Drive Problem

fv74@altavista.net
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 07:44:31 -0400 (EDT)

Tom

I agree with making sure that all of your tires are the same size. I wanted to add that many 4wd pickups have slightly higher ratios in the front axle in an attempt to make the front pull harder than the rear to make the truck track better. I do not know about M715's, but my Dodge W300 has a 4.09 front ratio and a 4.10 rear ratio with a part time 4wd setup. My truck will jam up as soon as it hits macadam. What I do is shift out of 4wd and into neutral while I am still rolling in the dirt. I then stop and shift into 2wd and I'm on my way.

Dave Fillman
45 MB