Re: [MV] Simca 1.5 ton trucks for sale

Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Wed, 04 Aug 1999 07:54:11 -0400

At 22:45 03/08/99 -0700, Antoine Compin wrote:
>I was drafted in the French Army 1961-1963, during the end of
>the Algerian War. I seem to remember these trucks as having
>excellent ground clearance and being very rugged. I do not
>remember any major problems other than those created by
>accident-prone careless draftees...

Antoine,

We still had them when I was in the Army in the early seventies; I remember
there were two version, the 4x2 and the 4x4 that was a bit higher; the 4x4
had filler plates at the top of the wheel-arches below the cab to
compensate for the higher position of the cab in relation with the chassis
/ wheels.

I also remember that the 4x4 was a lot more incomfortable than the 4x2, at
least for us cattle transported at the back ;-)

Cheers,

Ron the Frog, in Darkest Paraguay.

God, I wish ignorance was painful.
-- James Knox