Re: [MV] M38A1 info

jim gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 16:37:21 -0400

John wrote;
>I have an M38A1, but the data plate is missing. The only information I have to go by is the numbers stamped on the frame. Does anyone know who I can contact to find out the VIN, year, and possibly some of the activities the Jeep was involved in?

There should be a factory SN# plate screwed on the rear fender well on the passenger side. It will be on the front of the well behind the passenger seat. The vehicle SN# will be stamped in this plate. These plates are usually covered with several coats of paint. I do not believe the numbers stamped on the frame are the VIN# on a M38-A1.

Jim
"Considered too dangerous to be allowed to run for the MVPA board"