Re: UNCLAS//N11240//Re: [MV] Import/MV's

Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 18:33:24 -0400

At 12:40 05/08/99 -0700, Antoine Compin wrote:
>I am convinced that restoring and owning Military Vehicles has
>nothing, but NOTHING to do with the right to bear arms. I
>believe that associationg ourselves AS A GROUP, OR CLUB with the
>politics of the NRA is dangerous and irresponsible: the option
>to support or not the NRA lobbying efforts is best left to the
>individual in the membership, acting personally.

Antoine, I think it has if only because some people consider the
MV-collectors to be some kind of nuts akin to the weapon collectors.

> I, personally, favor some sort of reasonable gun control, as
>opposed to the intransigeant and alienating demands of the NRA.

Sure, thats how it begins at firs; but look at the situation in England now
for handguns ;-(

>That does not get in the way of my collecting mil-vehs at all. I
>am a Democrat also: that does not mean I get in a tizzy every
>time I see olive-drab...MANY European MVPA club members would
>probably also share the view that military firearms and military
>vehicles are strange bedfellows.

Yes but thats not the perception of Joe Public, which the politicians aim
to please.
(or on whose fears the politicians play)

Cheers,

Ron the Frog, in Darkest Paraguay.

It is usually a mistake to ascribe to malice
what can be explained by stupidity.
-- http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati/ --