Re: UNCLAS//N11240//Re: [MV] Import/MV's

Roger and Marie Roy (rroy@netspeed.com.au)
Fri, 06 Aug 1999 17:19:44 +1000

Hi again from cold and damp Australia,

Eugene PANTANO wrote:

> "We are directly related to gun collecting" since most of us have a weapon or
> two on our vehicles..whether it be a dummy -- or real and live. We "are" all
> in one way or another tied to the NRA. They are fighting for our rights more
> than any "MV" organization is..!!

Yep true, a tank will look real silly without its barrel which is one
thing that was tried down here recently. A barrel is a firearm (changing
at the moment to if its towed or real big it won't be a firearm under
the new laws) at present here and that is where your local firearms
group should be able to help if this sort of madness starts in whatever
country you are in. MV groups are on the whole too small to attract any
interest from Politicians. The general
public will think "guns" when they see armour so yes the two are related
at least a bit. If it comes to the crunch a firearms group will be
better at arguing about tank barrels or dummy guns, they have the
experience if you should ever need it
(and there's a real good chance you will).
Roger ROY
Australia
P.S 1SG PANTANO, off line can you offer an opinion on why I loose one
shot from
a group (military rifle)? I think its the sight picture but I would like
to hear
your opinion.