Re: UNCLAS//N11240//Re: [MV] Import/MV's

Glenn Goodman (GGOODMAN@novell.com)
Fri, 06 Aug 1999 12:21:07 -0600

Alzheimers? What's that? :-> I was hoping not to make too many mistakes =
and am grateful for the corrections. The real point was that we're =
getting nit-picked to death.

>>> "Todd Paisley" <paisley@erols.com> 08/06/99 08:38AM >>>
> Yes, that was me. Just clarifying the situation a little, it measures
> decelaration versus pressure applied to the pedal, rather than stopping
> distance. We had a fun discussion over this one, and the outcome was =
that
> some US jeep owners declared that their 1940's technology was, if
"adjusted
> right" in the same league as modern vacuum/ABS assisted vehicles. =
Hmmm...
:)

That wasn't the discussion at all. ABS wasn't even discussed. The
discussion was that power brakes merely make it easier to apply the =
brakes,
not decrease stopping distance. (You mentioned that in Australia they
measure pedal pressure and you added a brake booster to pass the test. We
were arguing that a better gauge of judging the condition of a braking
system was measuring the tolerance of the components.) Stock brakes in =
good
condition can lock up all 4 wheels. Making it easier to lock the brakes =
up
buys you nothing. I have the thread saved if you have developed
Altzheimers... ;)

Todd Paisley

=3D=3D=3D