Re: [MV] Grill Disk

Jon Schmidt (brute4c@yahoo.com)
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 11:38:04 -0700 (PDT)

I have wondered
> many times what the
> disk with numbers represents which is mounted on the
> grill. Can anyone
> help me to identify the meaning of these numbers?
> I'm going to take a
> shot at it and say is is a max weight indicator.

Close, it is a brige weight placard and signifies the
max loaded weight of the vehicle and trailer if
applicable.
For example, my M715 is 8000 lbs. loaded, actually
slightly higher but..., and the number for my truck is
"04" or 4 ton. If the trailer were on the truck, then
it would be "06" for the combined loaded weights.
You can see how this would help someone who is
directing traffic at a busy crossing to expedite the
vehicles to either go across or ford or go somewhere
else.
My $.02 worth...
===
Sincerely,