Re: [MV] Grill Disk

Henrik Teller (Henrik_Teller@vip.cybercity.dk)
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 23:44:46 +0200

Date sent: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 11:38:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jon Schmidt <brute4c@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [MV] Grill Disk
To: David Lorenz <dlorenz@plinet.com>, mil-veh@skylee.com
Send reply to: Jon Schmidt <brute4c@yahoo.com>

> Close, it is a brige weight placard and signifies the
> max loaded weight of the vehicle and trailer if
> applicable.
> For example, my M715 is 8000 lbs. loaded, actually
> slightly higher but..., and the number for my truck is
> "04" or 4 ton. If the trailer were on the truck, then
> it would be "06" for the combined loaded weights.

Actually the sign at the front should read "C6" ("C" for combined)
and "4" on the left side of the truck (if you comply to NATO-
standard).

BTW the "4" does not express 4 ton, but is a MLC-number (Military
Load Class) calculated from weight of the vehicle, number of axles
etc.

I don=B4t have the exact formula present.

Have a nice day :-)

Henrik Teller
DK - 6270 Toender
http://users.cybercity.dk/~ccc14286/home.html