Re: [MV] Grill Disk

Geoff Winnington-Ball (whiskey@netwave.ca)
Fri, 06 Aug 1999 19:41:52 -0400

IIRC, the WW2 yellow bridge class plates were in LONG tonnes, that is,
2240 lbs per class... therefore, the maximum all-up expected weight of,
say a Bridge Class 5 vehicle, such as a Universal Carrier or 15 cwt,
would be 12,200 lbs. In the case of your DUKW, the maximum expected
weight would be no higher than 26,880 lbs, including load and crew; this
allowed for a degree of leniency by the sappers when rating bridge
weights.

Geoff

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball MAPLE LEAF UP! ==> Zephyr, Ontario, Canada ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2 http://jump.to/mapleleafup ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~