Re: [MV] Import/MV's

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 14:20:19 -0500

>In the article there were thousands of vehicles
>stacked like firewood prior to them being burned as
>scrap. It was sad to see trucks and aircraft waiting
>for their destruction.

Was this outside the US? A friend of mine has a WWI Commerce truck that was
US Army, then Post Office, then CCC. As far as we can tell it never left
the US which might explain why it was intact. The only other one we have
ever seen is in a truck museum in Iowa (central north region as I recall).

>I will bet money that if someone would take the time
>to conduct the research into the Congressional Record
>of 1945/1944 that you will find similar legislation
>for WWII, driven by the same parties as WWI.

I have always heard people talk about how Willys wanted to have all the WWII
jeeps destroyed after the war, FORTUNATELY he failed!!!!

je