Re: [MV] f/u on HUMMVEE

Andy Michalski (amichalski@earthlink.net)
Sun, 08 Aug 1999 18:51:28 -0500

Michael Howell wrote:

>> And what about
> this guy in Texas. I thought I was watching the DRMO sales pretty closely
> and I haven't seen any for sale. Where are these people getting these
> things anyway?

These probably came from the same source as the ones that will be
auctioned in atlanta. I guess he doesnt know that we know around what
he paid for them, or that prospective buyers have a chance at buying
them for much less than 30K.

> Has anyone looked at these yet?

Looked at a few of them, mostly 2 door carriers with the filler panel
for the rear door, no canvas or seat covers. Other than that,
complete. The interesting thing is that military personel (Marines)
are/were working at the auction lot getting as many as they could
running. It was interesting seeing so many of these lined up and for
sale, I was kind of drooling :)

> No one has responded to the rust problem either.

Didnt see any rust on them (aluminum body). I was watching them working
on one, and didnt notice anything obnoxously rusted, looked like any
other frame/front suspension. Cant tell you about the rest of them,
didnt look too closely.

Andy