[MV] German MV clubs

Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 22:48:45 +0200

Renaud OLGIATI schrieb:

>> It seems strange to me that a Country like Germany does not have a
>> sort of M.V.P.A. to defend the rights of MV collectors enthousists.
>> Any comment?
>
> It has at least one I know of, the DISG (forget what it stands for, but
> it gathers owners of historic off-road vehicles, mainly Kübelwagens and
> Schwimmwagens;

Indeed, we have the DISG = Deutsche Interessengemeinschaft für Schwimm-
und Geländewagen. I'm member of the DISG. We have around 200 members,
but there are no parades, events etc. for the public.

Most of the public don't want to see any military related things.
The re-education of the victors of WW2 is still working.

Wearing a WW2 uniform in the public is the fastest way to jail in
Germany. The supreme court has decided, that it is legal to call
active soldiers "murderers" in the public.

Now you know, why there is (nearly) no MV club in Germany.

Some younger members of the DISG (including me) are trying to
bring the DISG and the MVs more to the public.
I'm working on an Internet Homepage for the DISG and we are
interested in contacts to other MV clubs. So I think you'll
hear more from the DISG and the German MVs in future.

Best regards from Germany
Andreas
-DISG member and Kettenkrad owner-