[MV] News-Mil Veh Imports to US

Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:45:24 +0200

At 23.10 10/08/99 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 8/10/99 7:12:41 PM EST, shoop19@idt.net writes:
>
><< Weapons are legal to posess...gas or real.....I for one own real
> ones.....papered and legal. >>
>
>To the best of my knowledge no felony has been commited with a legally owned
>full-automatic weapon since 1928.........and I have never heard of an
assault
>on a playground or Post Office with legally owned military vehicle.......new
>or old.....
>soft-skinned or armored.

Aug 11 1999

Please, don't laugh... Here in Italy no crime has ever been made with
bayonets!!! However, all bayonets are to be registered with the Police
Station close to the owner of them... Does not matter if 200 years old!
Also those knives used by divers going under the sea water (pardon me but I
do not know how you call them in English!) are to be registered with the
Police Station...
We need a Police Authorization to buy a rifle/shotgun but we cannot carry
it outside our homes... Of course it has to be registered...
If you have more than 5 guns (pistols and rifles) you have to apply for a
Gun Collector Licence: the guns in the Collection cannot be used (even on
the range...) and they cannot be carried out of the home, ammo for them is
not allowed to be possessed... like collecting new stamps: you cannot use
them...
Hunting Licence allows to carry long guns outside but ONLY in the hunting
season... (Hunting Licence will cost an eye: Psychiatric examination,
ophtalmologist examination; medical examination, all at our expenses).
Government requires different tax depending if your gun is single shot,
double shot or more than two shots (in this case it will cost you the other
eye...!).

Mr. Compin, in France all guns made before 1897 (please, correct me if the
date is wrong) are considered ANTIQUE and there are NO restrictions on
carry etc. also modern replica cap and ball revolvers (such as the black
powder Colts of the Amer. Civil War). WELL, here all of them, even Davy
Crockett flint-lock rifle..., are GUNS, cannot be carried without permit
and are to be registered... Also air guns...

Geoff, I enjoyed your message and I agree with you. In 1997 I have been to
Victoria with wife and an american sheriff (a VERY good friend), well at
the border a very polite Canadian Custom asked if we had guns with us...
Of course we had not. It sounded very funny to me! Here in Italy no Custom
will ever think to ask you if you have guns!!!

Please, note that I do not intend to be polemic. However, Canada is still
a sort of paradise compared with Italy... Before I forget: if you wish to
have a de-milled/deactivated gun it will cost you another eye (how many
eyes we should have...?) because the firm doing the job are to be
Government appointed and taxes, authorizations, special mailing, etc. will
raise the total a lot. The firm who did the job will release a certificate
attesting the de-militarization as per the laws.

Regards,
Raimondo - M.V.P.A.